ASMP WORKSHOP WITH FOTOFEST
WHAT EVERY VISUAL ARTIST SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COPYRIGHT
For All Photographers and Visual Artists
WHAT TO BRING
- Please bring a laptop computer with WiFi capability and some sample images of your work. Prior to the workshop, you will need to set up an online account with the copyright office and create a eCO username and password.
- Go to https://eco.copyright.gov/eService_enu/ to set up your online account.
- Please make sure your laptop is charged before the workshop as there are limited power outlets in the room.
If you are driving, there are parking options available to you for FREE.
- FotoFest is located at 1113 Vine St, 77002 across from the University of Houston - Downtown (UHD) campus at One Main Street, 77002. Parking at FotoFest is free and you will be able to walk over to the UHD building. Please see the FotoFest Map for directions. A volunteer will be available at FotoFest to help direct you.
- Student Parking at UHD is free and open to the public on weekends. Please see the University of Houston-Downtown Parking and Transportation Services Map for parking lot locations. The red spaces with the sun symbol next to them indicate the parking lots that are available to workshop participants - Daly St. Lot, Naylor St. Lot, and Washington St. Lot.
- There is also UHD Visitor Parking on Girard, right off Travis, attached to the building. You will need a token to leave visitor parking. Tokens will be provided for workshop registrants at check-in.
DIRECTIONS TO THE SEMINAR ROOM
Room Number: A436 Lecture Hall
Enter the University of Houston-Downtown building off of Main Street on the side by the MetroRail station. Above the entrance doors you will see the address of One Main Building. Enter through these doors and walk straight back until you see the sign for the Academic Building. Take the elevators on your left to the 4th floor. Take a right off the elevator and then another right to end at room A436 where the seminar will be held.
A FotoFest volunteer will be available to assist you.
REGISTERING AT THE DOOR
Check-in begins at 9am.
If you do not register in advance the fee to participate is $75 at the door. Please bring cash, check, or credit card if you plan on registering the day of.
If you are an ASMP member, TALA member or student the fee to participate is $35 at the door.
COFFEE AND LUNCH
A Starbuck's is located in the University of Houston - Downtown building by the food court on the 3rd floor. Their hours of operation on Saturday are 8am - 1pm.
Lunch will be provided by Jason's Deli for all pre-registered workshop participants. If you do not register in advance, we cannot guarantee a lunch for you.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE WORKSHOP
Contact Sarah Craig, FotoFest Workshops Coordinator at email@example.com or 713.223.5522 ext 13.