Volunteer with FotoFest
FotoFest welcomes volunteers and interns; they are one of the central supports of our organization. We are looking for interested and reliable people 18 years of age and older for special events including: FotoFun, a child-centered fundraiser for our educational program Literacy Through Photography (LTP), artist and exhibition receptions; and Saturday afternoon gallery hosts. Because of FotoFest’s national and international renown, we have worked with many interns and volunteers from the United States and abroad—we look forward to collaborating with both new and veteran volunteers!
It is not necessary to have an art or photography background. All we ask for is your enthusiasm, support, generosity, and willingness to learn new things. By volunteering, you will have the opportunity to learn about photography and meet others with similar interests. Because of FotoFest’s national and international renown, we have worked with many volunteers and interns from the United States and abroad.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer at FotoFest:
- Learn more about photography and art
- Volunteer Nights: A Special exhibition tours just for volunteers held the Wednesday evening befor Thursday exhibition openings
- Private gatherings to meet other volunteers
- Opportunity to join FotoFest's First Look Collectors Program at a discount rate (available after 8 volunteer shifts)
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for considering volunteering for FotoFest during the 2012-2013 season. We have several events planned for this fall and spring including:
- Exhibitions and Receptions at FotoFest Headquarters
- FotoFun, the children's fundraiser for Literacy Through Photography (LTP)
- The Bayou City Art Festival Memorial Park, March 2013
- FotoFence, an exhibition of projects by students participating in LTP
Below is a list of dates for these events. I will also be posting them on our VolunteerMatters page. After you create your account, you may sign-up for specific days and shifts via the site and can also receive e-mail reminders.
Exhibitions and Receptions at FotoFest Headquarters at Vine Street Studios
Thursday, January 17, 2013 through Saturday, February 23, 2013
Seven Contemporary Mexican Artists confront the protracted and violent drug war plaguing their home country.
Reception: Thursday, January 17, 2013 6–8pm.
5 to 6 volunteers are needed to help with beverages, greeting, and audience surveys.
Saturdays, noon - 5 pm
1 or 2 volunteers greet visitors and answer questions. Gallery hosts allow us to keep the exhibition open on Saturday. A FotoFest staff member will be on site.
Click here to sign-up for all eventshttp://www.volunteermatters.com/login/fotofest
Thanks again to our many volunteers who have supported FotoFest through their gift of time.
Office Manager and Volunteer Coordinator